how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan!?
آخر تحديث: 6 سبتمبر، 2022
Nowadays, getting married is no longer a private affair. It’s now a public event that needs to be organized in the best way possible. If you are planning to get married in Dubai and you’re not from there, this article is for you because we will explain how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan and also for foreigners in general and the Muslim – Christian marriage; lastly, the online marriage.
There are certain procedures that need to be completed before getting married. Here is some information about getting married as a foreigner in Dubai.
How To Get Married in Dubai for Filipinos and Pakistan?
Both partners must be present at the time of marriage, which is the first step to how to get married in Dubai for Filipinos and Pakistan.
So, if you’re Filipino or Pakistani living in the Philippines and your partner is living in Dubai, then he or she has to come to your country to get married. Both partners must be of legal age to get married.
A Filipino or Pakistani who is below 18 cannot get married. A Muslim man above 18 years of age can marry a woman of any age, but a Muslim woman can only marry a man who is at least her husband’s age.
The Hindu Marriage Act also does not give any specific age for marriage. Both partners must be aware of the fact that they will be living in Dubai after marriage. If you are getting married here in Dubai and want to live here, then you must be sure that your spouse likes living in Dubai.
Your partner should also know about the culture of Dubai and the lifestyle that comes with it. Because after marriage, you are two persons who will become one. You will be responsible for each other and your families. You must both have a valid passport and a visa to stay in Dubai.
If you are an Indian citizen, you must have an employment visa. If you are a Pakistani citizen, then you must have a visitor visa. A Filipino citizen must have a visitor visa and a valid passport to stay in Dubai.
The law governing marriage for both Filipinos and Pakistanis is the same. Still, we recommend that you consult with a professional at your embassy before proceeding to make sure that everything is done correctly.
Generally, here at Al Balooshi law firm gives legal consultation in the matter of foreign affairs and marriage, so make sure you will be treated right and fairly due to the help from our lawyers.
Requirements for Filipinos and Pakistanis to be married in Dubai
- It would help if you were a local citizen of the country where you are applying for the visa. If you have been granted an e-Visa beforehand, this will be valid even if you go back to your home country, but it’s impossible to apply for such a visa when you come back.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months of validity left before the expiry date or at least 6 months after the completion of your stay in Dubai (whichever is earlier). The passport can be any valid passport issued by a government body; however, it is recommended that you bring your original passport with you as proof of identity and nationality and also an essential in order to how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan.
- You will need two photos taken at least three months apart (for each person) showing a full face front view and wearing full dress clothes. These photos should be taken on a white background so that they can be printed clearly without any shadows interfering with the image quality of the photo ID card that comes with your marriage certificate application form. These photos are also used as proof during police checks at immigration offices before being allowed entry into Dubai.
Getting married in Dubai for Foreigners
In the UAE, how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan for exa is a contract that can be performed by either of the two parties. The marriage contract must be signed in front of a notary public or a Muslim cleric who is authorized to do so.
The minimum age for both parties to get married is 18 years old. If you are below 18 years old, it’s highly illegal to get married, but you can check with your embassy.
But in most cases, the rules and the procedures are similar to how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan.
Here at Al Balooshi’s office, we can help you with the process of marriage if you are having a bit of trouble with this matter.
The procedure for getting married in Dubai for Foreigners is as follows:
- You need to register at the nearest Civil Registry Office (CRA) after making an appointment with them and showing all required documents. You can also apply online at the CRA website or through their app known as DUMA (Dubai Umm Al Qura Marriage Authority).
- Once you have registered your marriage application with CRA, you will receive a letter stating that your application has been received and will be processed within 30 days.
- After processing, CRA will send you a copy of your marriage certificate within 5 working days and this certificate can be used as proof of marriage under UAE law until you and your spouse move abroad together permanently or until death occurs between both spouses.
Court marriage in Dubai for Indian
If you are an Indian and want to get married in Dubai then you can do so by going to court and follow the steps for how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan. However, for the sake of riching your information we will mention some of the steps.
Firstly, you need to provide your national ID and Passport to get married in Dubai by going to court. You will submit an affidavit there which will be the proof of your marriage.
The next step is that you both need to go to court with a valid Visa and Passport and you will get married there. After marriage, you can extend your visa as a married couple by going to the immigration office.
You can contact us at our office for Al Balooshi legal firm, and you will have the kind of assistance that you need if you’re an Indian and need to get married here in Dubai. We might give you some suggestions regarding your wedding based on the wholesomeness of our friendly lawyers.
Muslim and Christian marriage in Dubai
as you read about how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan you can find out whether you are Muslim and want to get married in Dubai to a Christian or any religion other than Islam, you must consult the religious authorities about your marriage.
You can get married in a church or a temple as well. You can also get married in a mosque if you want to marry a Muslim girl. You will need to inform the authorities about the same.
If you are Christian and want to get married in Dubai, you need to inform the church authorities about your marriage.
A marriage between Muslim and Christian for a citizen of the United Arab Emirates
- a Muslim and a Christian can get married in Dubai. Marriage is valid in the eyes of the state, but there are some limitations that you should be aware of before you get married in Dubai.
- Firstly, if you are a Christian man, you have to convert to Islam before getting married in Dubai to a Muslim woman. You will then have to wait for 6 months before you can apply for a visa and marry.
- Secondly, all marriages must be registered with the authorities, which means that they will need to know exactly what your religion is. This means that if you are a Muslim woman and want to marry a non-Muslim who was born into another religion, like Christianity or Judaism, then this will not be allowed under local laws.
- To wrap this up, it’s legal for an Emirati man to marry a Christian woman, but it’s illegal for an Emirati woman to marry a Christian man.
Marriage between Christian and Muslim for other citizenships
- Any other citizenship different from UAE can get married if they are Muslim or Christian without any problems.
- It doesn’t matter if a Muslim woman or man marries from another religion, like Christianity, because they can have a civil marriage in the UAE Court. So, in some areas, it’s like how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan.
- In order to you to plan ahead, give us a call so the Al Balooshi Lawyers can guide you with some of the arrangements of the civil marriage, like the court date and the documents needed.
Online marriage in UAE
It’s always better to go to the Embassy to get all the papers if you are a foreigner. But if you want to try something quick and you have all the papers then you can go online to get married.
It is easy and quick to get married online in UAE. To get married online, you will need to provide your details and the contact details of your partner. After that, you will get an email from the government website for confirming your marriage.
You can also get married at the Embassy if you want to do it the traditional way or want your marriage to be legal. You will need to provide your details and the details of your partner. After that, you will get a marriage license, and you can get married wherever you want.
Getting married online is easy and can save you money and time. It has been authorized since the beginning of the pandemic to reduce the visit of the courts and practice social distancing.
All you have to do is to visit the government website for marriage and provide the required documents and information of the spouse.
Then you a reservation with a time and date that is suitable for you and will be appointed with a marriage officer to conduct the marriage online.
The process of how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan may not work for online marriage, and the online marriage maybe only available for citizens of the UAE, but if you want to be sure you can visit Al Balooshi law firm and we will gladly help you with this matter.
Marriage is a very important part of a person’s life. It’s also the commitment between two individuals to live together and share a life as one.
Getting married in another country might seem like a tough task but thanks to the helpful staff at the Department of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, it’s not as difficult as it seems.
If you’re still wondering how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan, then let us help you with your inquiries at the law firm of Al Balooshi.