How to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan?
آخر تحديث: 20 November، 2022
Nowadays, getting married is no longer a private affair; it’s a public event that needs to be organized in the best way possible. Suppose you plan to get married in Dubai, and you’re not from there.
In that case, this article is for you because we will explain how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan, foreigners in general, Muslim – Christian marriage, and online marriage.
Specific procedures need to be completed before getting married. Here is some information about getting married as a foreigner in Dubai.
How To Get Married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan?
Both partners must be present at the time of marriage, which is the first step to how to get married in Dubai for Filipinos and Pakistan.
- So, if you’re Filipino or Pakistani living in the Philippines and your partner is living in Dubai, then he or she has to come to your country to get married. Both partners must be of legal age to get married.
- A Filipino or Pakistani who is below 18 cannot get married. A Muslim man above 18 years of age can marry a woman of any age, but a Muslim woman can only marry a man who is at least her husband’s age.
- The Hindu Marriage Act also does not give any specific age for marriage. Both partners must know that they will be living in Dubai after marriage. If you are getting married here in Dubai and want to live here, then you must be sure that your spouse likes residing in Dubai.
- Your partner should also know about the culture of Dubai and the lifestyle that comes with it. Because after marriage, you are two persons who will become one. You will be responsible for each other and your families. You must have a valid passport and a visa to stay in Dubai.
- If you are an Indian citizen, you must have an employment visa. If you are a Pakistani citizen, you must have a visitor visa. A Filipino citizen must have a visitor visa and a valid passport to stay in Dubai.
- The law governing marriage for both Filipinos and Pakistanis is the same. Still, we recommend you consult with a professional at your embassy before proceeding to ensure everything is done correctly.
- Generally, here at Al Balooshi law firm gives legal consultation in foreign affairs and marriage, so make sure you will be treated right and fairly due to the help from our lawyers.
Requirements for Filipinos and Pakistanis to be married in Dubai.
- It would help if you were a local citizen of the country where you are applying for the visa. If you have been granted an e-Visa beforehand, this will be valid even if you return to your home country, but it’s impossible to apply for such a visa when you return.
- Your passport must have at least six months of validity left before the expiry date or at least six months after the completion of your stay in Dubai (whichever is earlier). The passport can be any valid passport issued by a government body; however, it is recommended that you bring your original key with you as proof of identity and nationality and also an essential to how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan.
- You will need two photos taken at least three months apart (for each person) showing a full-face front view and wearing full dress clothes. These photos should be taken on a white background so they can be printed clearly without any shadows interfering with the image quality of the photo ID card that comes with your marriage certificate application form. These photos are also used as proof during police checks at immigration offices before being allowed entry into Dubai.
Getting married in Dubai for Foreigners.
- You need to register at the nearest Civil Registry Office (CRA) after making an appointment with them and showing all required documents. You can also apply online at the CRA website or through their app known as DUMA (Dubai Umm Al Qura Marriage Authority).
- Once you have registered your marriage application with CRA, you will receive a letter stating that your application has been received and will be processed within 30 days.
- After processing, CRA will send you a copy of your marriage certificate within five working days. This certificate can be used as proof of marriage under UAE law until you and your spouse permanently move abroad or until death occurs between both spouses.
Court marriage in Dubai for Indian.
If you are an Indian and want to get married in Dubai, then you can do so by going to court and following the steps for how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan. However, to enrich your information, we will mention some of the steps.
- Firstly, you must provide your national ID and Passport to get married in Dubai by going to court. You will submit an affidavit there, which will prove your marriage.
- The next step is that you both need to go to court with a valid Visa and Passport, and you will get married there. After marriage, you can extend your visa as a married couple by going to the immigration office.
- You can contact us at our office for Al Balooshi legal firm, and you will have the kind of assistance you need if you’re an Indian and need to get married here in Dubai. We might give you some suggestions regarding your wedding based on the wholesomeness of our friendly lawyers.
Muslim and Christian marriage in Dubai.
As you read about how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan, you can find out whether you are Muslim and want to get married in Dubai to a Christian or any religion other than Islam; you must consult the religious authorities about your marriage.
You can get married in a church, a temple, and a mosque if you want to marry a Muslim girl, and you will need to inform the authorities about the same. If you are Christian and want to get married in Dubai, you must inform the church authorities about your marriage.
Marriage between Muslim and Christian for UAE citizens.
- a Muslim and a Christian can get married in Dubai. Marriage is valid in the eyes of the state, but there are some limitations that you should be aware of before you get married in Dubai.
- Firstly, if you are a Christian man, you must convert to Islam before marrying a Muslim woman in Dubai. You will then have to wait six months before applying for a visa and marrying.
- Secondly, all marriages must be registered with the authorities, meaning they must know your religion. This means that this will not be allowed under local laws if you are a Muslim woman and want to marry a non-Muslim born into another religion, like Christianity or Judaism.
- To wrap this up, it’s legal for an Emirati man to marry a Christian woman, but it’s illegal for an Emirati woman to marry a Christian man.
Marriage between Christians and Muslims for other citizenships.
- Any other citizen different from UAE can get married if they are Muslim or Christian without any problems.
- It doesn’t matter if a Muslim woman or man marries from another religion, like Christianity, because they can have a civil marriage in the UAE Court. So, in some areas, it’s like how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan.
- For you to plan, give us a call so the Al Balooshi Lawyers can guide you with some of the arrangements of the civil marriage, like the court date and the documents needed.
Online marriage in UAE.
It’s always better to go to the Embassy to get all the papers if you are a foreigner. But if you want to try something quick and have all the pieces, you can go online to get married.
- It is easy and quick to get married online in UAE. To get married online, you will need to provide your details and your partner’s contact details. After that, you will get an email from the government website confirming your marriage.
- You can also get married at the Embassy if you want to do it the traditional way or want your marriage to be legal. You will need to provide your details and the details of your partner. After that, you will get a marriage license and get married wherever you want.
- Getting married online is easy and can save you money and time. Since the pandemic’s beginning, it has been authorized to reduce the courts’ visits and practice social distancing.
- All you have to do is to visit the government website for marriage and provide the required documents and information about the spouse.
- Then you make a reservation with a time and date that is suitable for you and will be appointed a marriage officer to conduct the marriage online.
- The process of how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan may not work for online marriage, and online marriage may be only available for citizens of the UAE. Still, if you want to be sure, you can visit Al Balooshi law firm, and we will gladly help you with this matter.
Marriage is an essential part of a person’s life. It’s also the commitment between two individuals to live together and share life. Getting married in another country might seem like a challenging task. Still, thanks to the helpful staff at the Department of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, it’s not as complicated as it looks.
If you’re still wondering how to get married in Dubai for Filipino and Pakistan, then let us help you with your inquiries at the law firm of Al Balooshi. Click here to contact us.